Full event registration includes all concerts, a Welcome Reception, Opening Banquet, Closing Reception, classes and tracks, downloadable class notes, access to HIC Exhibits, access to our mobile event app, and a registrant packet with all associated materials.
General registration is now open.
|Full Registration* — if registered BEFORE May 15||$395|
|Full Registration — if registered AFTER May 15||$450|
For those who pre-registered last summer, the registration fee is locked in at $330. To take advantage of the special offer, you need to complete your registration by May 1, 2018.
Daily registration options will be available beginning March 19.
|Each single day — if registered BEFORE May 15
(per day, meals not included)
|Each single day — if registered AFTER May 15
(per day, meals not included)
- Review all class and track options and the event schedule and select a few options for each class session. You may wish to use the Event Schedule Planner to help you get organized.
- Go to handbellmusicians.org and log in to your member account. Not a member? Join now!
- From the login welcome page, click on Register for National Seminar 2018 (this link will be available when registration opens).
- Follow the steps on the screen to select your classes and register for the event. Be sure to check the box next to each class session as well as selecting your class choice for each session so that your selections are saved.
- Carefully review your selections before completing your registration to make sure you’ve selected all the classes you want and that they have been accepted by the registration system. A summary of your registration, including class selections will be displayed before the payment screen. You will not be able to make changes after your registration has been submitted.
- Pay for your registration with a Visa or MasterCard.
- Once submitted and accepted, you will receive an email confirmation which will list all your class selections and registration details. If you do not see the classes you selected listed in this confirmation email, then an error happened in the registration process. Contact Vickie Iverson in the national office as soon as possible to correct the error.
- Additional Meals for Family and Friends: One dinner and two receptions are included with your full-event registration. As part of the registration process, you will be given the opportunity to order extra tickets for the Opening Night Banquet for your family and/or friends to join you or daily registrants may purchase a meal ticket for days they attend. Cost per ticket is $80.00.
- Concert Tickets: Concert tickets for all concerts are included with your full-event registration. Additional tickets are available for purchase for $10 each for most concerts. A list of those available and the opportunity to purchase tickets will be included in the on-line registration process.
To ensure that we are able to meet the room block required by the Amway Grand Plaza, registrants who opt for alternate lodging are required to pay an additional surcharge of $150.00. This surcharge does not apply to registrants with a home address within a 60-mile driving radius of the event site. Lodging requirements will be confirmed using a rooming list of reservations provided by the Amway Grand Plaza.
Refunds will be made for National Seminar registration cancellations received in writing or by email until June 15, 2018, less a $150 administrative fee per registrant. Cancellations made after June 15 for any reason (including medical issues, family emergencies, etc.) are not refundable.
- Recording the sounds, or sounds and images, of the musical performances is not permitted. Any such recording is in violation of the Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. §1101).
- Handbell Musicians of America is committed to upholding the copyright laws of the United States and protecting the rights of our publishers, arrangers and composers. If you wish to use a tablet computer to hold your music in place of standard paper copies on a music stand, you must contact the publisher of each piece of music to first obtain permission to convert a purchased piece of music to the format required for the tablet you are using. Copies of the written permission received from publishers must be presented on request from the event organizer, event chair, or Handbell Musicians of America staff. Permission from a publisher for one piece does not imply permission for other songs from the same publisher. The title of each song used in this format must be included in the written permission received. Attendee should also have legally purchased copies of all music with them for verification.
- Handbell Musicians of America makes every effort to check the accuracy of educational training offered for this event; however, no guarantee is extended as to any errors or omissions.
- The views expressed by the event clinicians may but do not necessarily reflect the views held by Handbell Musicians of America, its members, Areas, officials, or employees.
Registration fee for Distinctly Teen is $125 and includes:
- All scheduled event activities
- Event T-Shirt
- Hymn Festival
- Campanas Cristalis Concert
- Milwaukee Handbell Ensemble Concert
- Dinner on Thursday and Friday
How to Register
Refunds will be made for Distinctly Teen registration cancellations received in writing or by email until June 15, 2018, less a $50 administrative fee per registrant. Cancellations made after June 15 for any reason (including medical issues, family emergencies, etc.) are not refundable.
Master Class in Conducting Registration
An application is required before acceptance to the event. The application requires candidates to provide a link to a video of them conducting. The video should show a full body view (head to toe) of the applicant facing the camera while conducting two selections of contrasting styles. The application will also request information about each candidate’s music education and handbell experience.
Registration for Master Class in Conducting is now closed.
Ringer-Observers do not need to apply. A completed registration for the event is your confirmation.
Conductors — $495 (limited to 13, pre-application required)
Ringer/Observer — $400
Fees include lunch on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday.
- Login to your Handbell Musicians of America Member Account
- Conducting applicants:
- From the login welcome screen, follow the link to the Conducting Application.
- Answer all the questions on the application.
- Include a link to a RECENT (made within the past 6 months) video on YouTube of you conducting two pieces of contrasting styles. The camera taking the video should be placed above and behind the ringing choir so that it captures a full-body view of the conductor facing the camera. Load the video to YouTube as “unlisted” and provide the link in the space indicated on the application form. Videos not following these requirements could result in your application being disqualified from consideration.
- Note: You cannot save and return to the application, so please have the video uploaded and link available BEFORE you begin the application.
- Submit the completed application by 5:00 PM Eastern on April 3, 2018.
- After the deadline, all applications will be reviewed and successful candidates will be selected based on the merit of their application and video submission.
- Those selected will be provided with the link to register for the event as a conductor.
- CONDUCTING CANDIDATES SHOULD NOT REGISTER FOR THE EVENT BEFORE THEY ARE OFFICIALLY ACCEPTED.
- Ringer/Observers — follow the registration link on the login welcome screen to complete and pay for your registration.
Register for both National Seminar and Master Class and receive a 10% discount on your Master Class registration. Complete your National Seminar registration first to receive the discount for Master Class.
Refunds will be made for Master Class in Conducting registration cancellations received in writing or by email until June 15, 2018, less a $150 administrative fee per registrant. Cancellations made after June 15 for any reason (including medical issues, family emergencies, etc.) are not refundable.
Master Class in Composition Registration
Registration will be on a first-come-first-served basis. Each registrant will be asked to provide basic information about their background in composing and arranging and should have at least one composition/arrangement in process when arriving at the event.
$495 — Fees include lunch on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday.
- Login to your Handbell Musicians of America Member Account
- Register for both National Seminar and Master Class and receive a 10% discount on your Master Class registration. Complete your National Seminar registration first to receive the discount for Master Class.
Refunds will be made for Master Class in Composition registration cancellations received in writing or by email until June 15, 2018, less a $150 administrative fee per registrant. Cancellations made after June 15 for any reason (including medical issues, family emergencies, etc.) are not refundable.