Full event registration includes all concerts, a Welcome Reception, Gala Banquet, Farewell Reception, classes and tracks, downloadable class notes, access to HIC Exhibits, access to our mobile event app, and a registrant packet with all associated materials.
Event registration for PRE-REGISTRANTS is now open. To complete your registration, login to the member account you used to pre-register and follow the link provided on the Welcome page.
General registration will open Tuesday, February 19, 2019, at 10:00 AM EST.
|Full Registration* — if registered BEFORE May 15||$395|
|Full Registration — if registered AFTER May 15||$450|
*For those who pre-registered last summer, the registration fee is locked in at $350. To take advantage of the special offer, you need to complete your registration by May 1, 2019.
Daily registration options will be available beginning March 18.
|Each single day — if registered BEFORE May 15
(per day, meals not included)
|Each single day — if registered AFTER May 15
(per day, meals not included)
- Review all class and track options and the event schedule and select a few options for each class session. You may wish to use the Event Schedule Planner to help you get organized.
- Go to handbellmusicians.org and log in to your member account. Not a member? Join now!
- From the login welcome page, click on Register for National Seminar 2019 (this link will be available when registration opens).
- Follow the steps on the screen to select your classes and register for the event. Be sure to check the box next to each class session as well as selecting your class choice for each session so that your selections are saved.
- Carefully review your selections before completing your registration to make sure you’ve selected all the classes you want and that they have been accepted by the registration system. A summary of your registration, including class selections will be displayed before the payment screen. You will not be able to make changes after your registration has been submitted.
- Pay for your registration with a Visa or MasterCard.
- Once submitted and accepted, you will receive an email confirmation which will list all your class selections and registration details. If you do not see the classes you selected listed in this confirmation email, then an error happened in the registration process. Contact Vickie Iverson in the national office as soon as possible to correct the error.
- Additional Meals for Family and Friends: One dinner and two receptions are included with your full-event registration. As part of the registration process, you will be given the opportunity to order extra tickets for the Gala Banquet for your family and/or friends to join you or daily registrants may purchase a meal ticket for days they attend. Cost per ticket is $80.00
- Concert Tickets: Concert tickets for all concerts are included with your full-event registration. Additional tickets are available for purchase for $10 each for most concerts. A list of those available and the opportunity to purchase tickets will be included in the on-line registration process.
To ensure that we are able to meet the room block required by the Hyatt Regency, registrants who opt for alternate lodging are required to pay an additional surcharge of $150.00. This surcharge does not apply to registrants with a home address within a 60-mile driving radius of the event site. Lodging requirements will be confirmed using a rooming list of reservations provided by the Hyatt Regency.
Refunds will be made for registration cancellations received in writing or by email until June 15, 2019, less a $150 administrative fee per registrant. Cancellations made after June 15 for any reason (including medical issues, family emergencies, etc.) are not refundable.
- Recording the sounds, or sounds and images, of the musical performances is not permitted. Any such recording is in violation of the Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. §1101).
- Handbell Musicians of America is committed to upholding the copyright laws of the United States and protecting the rights of our publishers, arrangers and composers. If you wish to use a tablet computer to hold your music in place of standard paper copies on a music stand, you must contact the publisher of each piece of music to first obtain permission to convert a purchased piece of music to the format required for the tablet you are using. Copies of the written permission received from publishers must be presented on request from the event organizer, event chair, or Handbell Musicians of America staff. Permission from a publisher for one piece does not imply permission for other songs from the same publisher. The title of each song used in this format must be included in the written permission received. Attendee should also have legally purchased copies of all music with them for verification.
- Handbell Musicians of America makes every effort to check the accuracy of educational training offered for this event; however, no guarantee is extended as to any errors or omissions.
- The views expressed by the event clinicians may but do not necessarily reflect the views held by Handbell Musicians of America, its members, Areas, officials, or employees.
Registration fee for Distinctly Teen is $125 and includes:
- All scheduled event activities
- Event T-Shirt
- Virginia Bronze Concert
- Timbré Concert
- Rezound! Handbell Ensemble Concert
- Strikepoint & Bells of the Lakes Concert
- Dinner on Thursday and Friday
How to Register
Registration will open Tuesday, February 19, 2019, at which time a registration link will appear here.
Refunds will be made for Distinctly Teen registration cancellations received in writing or by email until June 15, 2019, less a $50 administrative fee per registrant. Cancellations made after June 15 for any reason (including medical issues, family emergencies, etc.) are not refundable.