National Seminar attendees, you can help us make Seminar classes even better by filling out the evaluation and giving us your feedback.
ALL STAR CHOIR
All who plan to audition for the All Star Choir must complete THIS SURVEY PRIOR to auditioning. Deadline for submission is Friday, July 11. Only those who have completed this form by that date will be allowed to audition.
UNPUBLISHED MUSIC READING SESSION
If you wish to have a composition read at this session, please complete THIS FORM by Friday, July 11. You are also responsible for providing your own scores, following the procedure outlined below:
Each composer/arranger is responsible for bringing copies of his/her own pieces.
- Please make these copies at home and bring them with you; it saves the hassle and expense of finding a copy center at or around the hotel.
- Bring a copy for yourself (or a guest director, see below) and at least 28 additional copies of each piece, and PLEASE HAVE THEM HOLE-PUNCHED. Even if your piece is for a smaller number of octaves, at least 28 copies are requested so that even those not ringing may follow along in the score (trust me, you’ll appreciate it when it’s your turn to sit out from ringing!).
- While it’s not required, having the music run on 11×17 paper and folded in half like a traditional bell folio will be far more manageable than a bunch of single-sided copies.
- When you check in at the start of Seminar, you should leave the copies of your piece(s) at the Registration Desk. (If you have more than one piece, please indicate your priority order for them, and please CLEARLY MARK the Director’s copy if you have notes to yourself for conducting or presenting the piece.) Michael will collate sets of music to save us time in the actual sessions.
- Music rung at Session #1 will be returned to composers at the start of Session #2. Music rung at Session #2 will be returned to composers #2. Any music unclaimed immediately following Session #2 will be destroyed.
It is easy to get to the Sheraton Atlanta via Atlanta’s mass transit system, MARTA. Take the Red or Yellow line to the Peachtree Center. From there is is a straight walk to the hotel. Please go to the Lodging & Transportation page for route maps.
Many of the class notes for National Seminar are only being provided digitally. Those who have registered may download notes for their classes now. For information on how to download the notes for the classes you have registered for, GO HERE.
Handbell Musicians of America turns 60 this year. We will commemorate this momentous occasion in many ways throughout the event. More details will be shared as we get closer to the event, but here’s just a little bit of what we have planned:
- Our traditional closing banquet will become an Opening Banquet where our next Honorary Life Award will be presented and new national board members will be introduced.
- Registration will become a party with a special welcome reception. Journey through some of the highlights of our 60-year history and pick up the various parts of your registration packet along the way while you greet friends, old and new. Don’t even think about arriving late for this one!
- The final night of the event will be a Birthday Celebration filled with food, fun and, of course, cake. The celebration will focus around our annual Silent Auction, benefiting our new Heritage Endowment Fund and featuring a wide variety of items up for bid.